If you’re craving a salad that combines vibrant flavors, a variety of textures, and a touch of Mexican flair, then the Mexican Cobb Salad is the perfect dish for you.
This delightful salad takes the classic Cobb salad and infuses it with the bold and zesty ingredients that Mexican cuisine is famous for.
From the tangy lime dressing to the creamy avocado, every bite of this salad is a fiesta of flavors. Join us as we dive into this delicious recipe and learn how to create a show-stopping Mexican Cobb Salad that will satisfy both your taste buds and your appetite.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
The Mexican Cobb Salad seamlessly blends the freshness of crisp vegetables and herbs with the bold flavors of Mexican ingredients.
By incorporating traditional Mexican elements such as avocados, black beans, and cilantro, this salad becomes a vibrant celebration of both health and taste.
The combination of contrasting textures and complementary flavors creates a dish that is not only visually appealing but also incredibly delicious!
This salad is vegetarian and gluten free.
These are the ingredients you need for this Mexican salad recipe:
- Romaine – I love the combination of nutrition and crunch in romaine but you can use other lettuce as desired.
- Fresh Cilantro
- Tomatoes – anything from cherry to large beefsteak will work!
- Red Onion – you can soak the cut onion in cold water if you want to remove some of the sharp bite
- Black Beans
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese – or any cheese of choice! See the Modifications and Substitutions section below for some ideas of other cheeses to use.
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – This homemade Mexican salad dressing is a favorite of mine! But you can also use another vinaigrette, ranch, or Mexican flavored dressing as desired.
There are MANY other options of ingredients you can add. See the Modifications and Substitutions section below for some ideas!
This is the equipment you need for this Mexican salad recipe:
- Measuring Cups
- Large Bowl
- Cutting Board
Chop all of your ingredients as desired.
Have your eggs cooked and any meat, if you want to add it, cooked as well and ready to go.
Combine all of the salad ingredients together.
Toss with the salad dressing.
Modifications and Substitutions
You can add SO many different Mexican inspired ingredients based on what you love! Option include radish, corn, sunflower seeds, pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds), crunchy tortilla strips or chips, jicama, or anything else you can think of!
You can skip all of the cilantro if you are not a fan however it brings great flavor and freshness!
Avoid a soggy salad by not assembling until you are ready to eat.
Make in advance by storing the toppings, lettuce, and dressing separately and then mixing together when you are ready.
The most noteworthy elements of a cobb salad are including hard boiled eggs and lots of mix ins!
A chef salad typically incorporates a couple deli meats (turkey and ham).
More Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes
Mexican Cobb Salad
- Wash and chop your lettuce to desired size.1 head romaine lettuce
- Wash and chop tomato into large chunks.1 large tomato
- Chop hard boiled eggs.2 hard boiled eggs
- Thinly slice red onion.¼ red onion
- Drain and rinse black beans.½ cup black beans
- Dice avocado.½ avocado
- When ready to serve, in a large bowl combine the lettuce, fresh cilantro, tomato, egg, red onion, black beans, avocado, and cheese.½ bunch fresh cilantro, ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Add salad dressing.¼ cup Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Toss to combine and serve.