This Creamy Balsamic Dressing is a delicious homemade salad dressing. Dairy free, keto low carb, and gluten free.
This post contains affiliate links.
I just love vinaigrettes but sometimes they can feel a little oily or even disappear into a salad due to how thin they are.
This Creamy Balsamic Dressing is a delicious alternative packed with lots of flavor!
Not only does it have a strong balsamic taste that you love, but it is also thick and easily coats your salad.
Creamy but Dairy Free
This Creamy Balsamic Dressing is made without any cream or dairy, which makes it great for dietary restrictions.
I love to roast garlic for so many things like pasta, pizza, salads, and more. And it makes your house smell SO good! Make some extra roasted garlic when you make this dressing!
While three heads of garlic might sound like a LOT for a salad dressing, when it is roasted, the garlic loses the sharpness and spiciness. It becomes much milder and almost sweet which makes it a perfect balance for the vinegar.
Using the Salad Dressing
You can get creative with how you use this balsamic dressing!
While salads are obvious, it is also delicious as a condiment.
Try drizzling it on a caprese salad, pastas, pizzas, or chicken.
It also makes a great dip for a veggie tray as a lighter alternative to ranch or cream dips.
Storing the Dressing
This homemade salad dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
One serving size is 2 Tablespoons, so you can get 8 servings out of one batch.
Simply store in a little jar or container. If needed, shake or stir to reincorporate before using.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut garlic heads in half across the cloves to expose the insides. Place on a large piece of tin foil. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Wrap up the foil around the garlic to make an enclosed pouch.
- Roast the garlic until turning brown and soft, approximately 1 hour.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the skins by squeezing at the base and place the cloves in a blender.
- Add the balsamic, water, honey, mustard, salt, and black pepper to the blender and blend to combine.
- While the blender is running, pour in the olive oil slowly to incorporate, approximately 1 minute.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Thin if needed with more water. Store refrigerated up to a week.