These fudgy Mini Egg Brownies are a perfect Easter dessert! Brownies made from scratch with spring colors and mini chocolate eggs.
Best Mini Egg Brownie Recipe
This mini egg recipe is a fun and festive dessert for Easter and spring!
These are fudgy brownies which I just LOVE! They are rich and decadent so a little goes a long way.
Ingredients in Mini Egg Brownies
Here is what you need to make these brownies from scratch:
- Cocoa Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Instant Coffee Powder
- Mini Eggs
- Pink Candy Melts (optional)
Why Use Instant Coffee in Brownies?
This is my magic, secret ingredient when I make anything that is chocolate flavored.
Using just a little coffee flavor heightens the chocolate flavor and it tastes amazing!
It will not taste like coffee.
The instant coffee powder or granules is perfect because it does not add any moisture to the recipe itself, just the flavor.
You can skip it if desired, but I highly recommend using it and tasting the magic!
Are Mini Eggs Gluten Free?
Yes! According to the manufacturer, they are gluten free.
The brownies, however, are made with flour so they are not.
How to Make Mini Egg Brownies
First you want to whip up your eggs. This whisking is adding air which will help make the brownies lighter!
Then add the rest of the ingredients including some mini chocolate eggs. I love adding some inside because it creates little pockets of delicious chocolate!
Put it in a baking dish and bake for about 50-55 minutes until cooked through.
Let the brownies cool slightly and then top with some colored candy melts and candy eggs. (See below).
Decorating Easter Brownies
I like to drizzle a little pink candy melts across the top for extra color.
You can use any color you prefer, and if you have a dark color you can mix it half and half with white candy melts to make it more of a pastel.
It also helps the mini eggs stick to the top of the brownies. But the eggs can always be pressed into the brownies when still warm.
- 9×9 Baking Dish
- Stand mixer or hand mixer and bowl
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl with a hand mixer, whisk the eggs on medium speed until they are a light yellow and fluffy, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add both sugars, melted butter, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, instant coffee, and salt. Mix to combine well on medium speed.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Remove ½ cup of the mini eggs and set aside for later. Add the remaining mini eggs to the batter and mix to just incorporate.
- Spray a 9×9 inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the middle of the brownies comes out rather clean, approximately 50-55 minutes.
- Let brownies cool slightly.
- If decorating with candy melts, melt in a plastic bag as per package directions (50% power), kneading occasionally, until melted.
- Cut off a very small corner of the bag and squeeze the bag across the brownies in a zig zag pattern.
- Place the ½ cup of reserved mini eggs on top of the brownies.When ready to serve, cut into desired size