Alright, we seriously need to talk about this Chicken Parmesan Pizza. It is MAGIC, you guys. Literal MAGIC.
We regularly host dinner parties with a group of friends that love good food as much as we do. And one night we had a pizza party where I made up a bunch of new pizza flavors and dough. This Chicken Parmesan Pizza was the STAR.
This post contains affiliate links.
You can use any leftover chicken, but I prefer to make some breaded chicken to keep with the chicken Parmesan theme. And I am ALL ABOUT making as much as I can in advance, so whip up the breaded chicken, sauce, and even the pizza crust the day before. Then when it is go-time, just get everything on the pizza and you will have it ready in minutes. This is especially helpful during these dinner parties so that I am not in the kitchen all night.
I love this pizza with our Rosemary Red Pepper Pizza Dough, but any dough works great! And this dough has been completely blowing up in popularity, so you should definitely try it out. Also check our our classic and extremely popular Oregano Garlic Pizza Dough or Parmesan Black Pepper Pizza Dough. Dough with flavors are the best because it prevents boring crust, but feel free to use any dough you love.
I also believe in a good sauce, and my favorite to make is this Red Wine Oregano Pizza Sauce. But again, use whatever works for you. Making your own pizza sauce is incredibly easy, plus you can control exactly what it tastes like, so give it a shot! Check our all of our various pizza recipes here for more inspiration!
Making fun and unique pizzas has been a blast, especially at these parties! We love to experiment with new flavors. What is your favorite pizza or topping?
Parmesan Breaded Chicken
- 1 Rosemary Red Pepper Pizza Crust (12")
- 3/4 cup Red Wine and Oregano Pizza Sauce (more or less to taste)
- 4 oz sliced provolone (5-6 slices or more to taste)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup freshly greated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil thinly sliced or chopped
Parmesan Breaded Chicken
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Prepare the dredging ingredients in three shallow bowls or three small plates. (Bowl 1) Flour (Bowl 2) Egg, beaten with a fork to mix the whites and yolks. (Bowl 3) Panko breadcrumbs, parsley, and Parmesan mixed together.
- Take one piece of chicken and coat in the flour on both sides and edges.
- Transfer the chicken to the egg mixture, again coating both sides and all edges.
- Transfer the chicken to the breadcrumb mixture and coat both sides and the edges. Repeat with the second piece of chicken. You may need additional flour, egg, or breadcrumbs depending on the size of your chicken.
- Add the oil to the skillet. When the oil is heated through, add the chicken.
- Cook until the chicken is golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Flip and cook until the second side is also golden brown, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Make sure your chicken is cooked all the way through. Continue cooking if necessary. If it is turning brown too quickly, turn the heat down.
- When the chicken is done, set aside.
- Prepare the pizza dough if not completed already. If following one of our recipes, follow instructions until the crust is par-baked and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Place your pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven to heat.
- Place your pizza crust on a peel or another surface that will allow you to easily transfer it to the oven.
- Spread out the sauce across the pizza to taste.
- Layer the provolone cheese slices across the sauce. Add the mozzarella cheese, more or less to taste.
- Slice the chicken and spread the pieces over the cheese. Sprinkle with the fresh Parmesan.
- When the oven is finished preheating, transfer the pizza to your pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Cook until the cheese has started to turn brown, approximately 10-12 minutes (or to your desired doneness).
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Sprinkle the fresh basil on top and some red pepper flakes if desired for an extra kick. Serve warm.