This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomemadePizzaCrust #CollectiveBias #HomemadePizza #HomemadeBaking #BakefromScratch This Denver Omelet Pizza is a fast and simple Italian dinner recipe ready in just 30 minutes! A homemade crust is topped with a white pizza sauce, ham, green bell pepper, eggs, and cheese.
Combining different dishes and flavors together is something I love to do. I am lucky enough to live in Denver, and so of course I needed to turn the famous Denver Omelet into a pizza! I am a big pizza lover, and nothing tastes better than homemade pizza made with Fleischmann’s® Yeast. And because their Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast allows pizza to be ready in just 30 minutes from start to finish, with great results, it is perfect for family pizza night! Fleischmann’s® Yeast uses over 150 years of experience in their recipes for homemade pizza crust to taste better because it is made from scratch with great ingredients. Find more recipe inspiration using Fleischmann’s® Yeast here! You can find another Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast pizza recipe, Chicken Pesto Caprese Pizza, here! And find more of our pizza recipes like sauces and topping ideas here!
To make the pizza, first make the simple homemade dough with Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast. Make sure your yeast is not expired, as that is often the reason why it does not rise. You also want to make sure your water is the right temperature. If too hot, it will kill the yeast, and if too cold, it will not activate it. Make sure the water is heated to 120˚F-130˚F and follow recipe instructions. Always use a thermometer to check temperature. While the dough is resting, make your simple white pizza sauce and set aside. Get your oven heating and assemble your pizza. Spread out the dough on a greased baking sheet to 12 inches wide. Make the crust by pinching along the edges. Spread the sauce on the dough and top with cheese. Add the ham and peppers, and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the eggs and finish cooking until the whites are just set and the crust is lightly browned, approximately 7 minutes more. Serve immediately! The eggs will still have a runny yolk, and a perfect version of a Denver omelet. Use more eggs if you want, as people will likely fight over who gets those yolks!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (more or less, from 1 3/4 - 2 1/4 cups, it depends on how dry your flour is)
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 3 Tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
White Pizza Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 cup diced ham cooked (approximately 3 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 large eggs
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, 1 package Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, make the white pizza sauce. Heat a small pot over medium heat. Add the butter and melt. Add the flour to the butter and whisk to combine into a paste.
- Add the milk, parsley, and garlic powder to the sauce. Whisk to combine. Add the Parmesan and remove from the heat. Whisk until the cheese is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. The sauce will be very thick.
- Pat or roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until it is approximately 12 inches wide.
- Transfer the dough to a greased baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread the sauce along the dough, avoiding the crust edges.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese across the sauce. Add the ham and green bell pepper across the pizza.
- Brush the edge of the crust with a little more oil and sprinkle with Parmesan or garlic powder, if desired.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 5 minutes. Crack the eggs, scattered across the pizza. Use more eggs if desired. Some of the whites may run off the pizza, which is okay. Season the eggs with a little salt and pepper if desired.
- Push the pizza back in the oven and cook until the whites are set, approximately 7 minutes more. Remove the pizza from the oven.
- Cut into eights and serve immediately.