You can make a 30 Minute Homemade Pizza completely from scratch! This Italian recipe is perfect for pizza night and a weeknight. Use any sauce, cheese, and toppings as desired.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
In just 30 minutes you can make a homemade pizza from start to finish – perfect for a weeknight dinner idea!
Top this pizza crust with any of your favorite toppings, and see below for our collection of pizza ideas.
This crust is light with great texture, all in just 30 minutes from when you mix the dough to when it is on the table.
These are the ingredients you need to make a homemade pizza crust:
- Instant Yeast
- Pizza Sauce and Toppings of Choice
This is the equipment you need to make homemade pizza dough:
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Large Bowl
- Baking Sheet (or Pizza Stone)
Preheat your oven.
Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl, using as much flour as needed until it is soft and slightly sticky.
Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, and let it sit to rest.
Prepare your toppings while you wait!
Spread the dough out on your baking sheet and pinch up the crust edges.
Top with any toppings you like – see our collection of fun pizza toppings below!
Bake until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden.
Modifications and Substitutions
Add flavors to this dough that will compliment the toppings you are using! Use any of the following pizza crust flavors to incorporate into this dough. Just use HALF of what is listed in these recipes as they are intended for two crusts:
- Oregano Garlic Pizza Dough (versatile for just about everything!)
- Ranch Pizza Dough (great for Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza, Buffalo pizzas)
- Rosemary Red Pepper Pizza Dough (versatile with a little kick!)
- Parmesan Black Pepper Pizza Dough (great for cheesy or alfredo based pizzas)
And find our recipes for various pizza toppings and flavors below!
No need for your pizza to be perfectly round! Just make sure it fits in the pan you are using and don’t worry about the shape.
Get a hole in the dough? Just pinch it back together!
For this recipe, we are baking at 425F.
A hotter temperature helps the crust rise and bake through.
Cook until the cheese is melting and the crust is turning a light golden brown. This takes approximately 15 minutes.
It depends on the recipe. Many traditional pizza doughs do require some par-baking (before topping) (such as our traditional doughs) but this specific recipe does not require it!
More Pizza Recipes – Topping Ideas
- Food processor or blender
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (more or less, from 1 3/4 – 2 1/4 cups, it depends on how dry your flour is)
- 1 envelope instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- dough flavoring of choice, if desired
- pizza sauce
- cheese as desired, such as mozzarella
- toppings as desired or based on recipe
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended.2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 envelope instant yeast, 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 2/3 cup very warm water, 3 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. (You will likely not need all 2 cups of flour – I typically end up using maybe 1.5 cups).
- Knead the dough on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Pat or roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until it is approximately 12 inches wide.
- Transfer the dough to a greased baking sheet (spread out a little oil across the sheet). Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread your pizza sauce across the dough.
- Sprinkle the cheese across the sauce. Add your desired toppings.
- Brush the edge of the crust with a little more oil and sprinkle with seasonings such as garlic powder, if desired.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
- Cut and serve immediately.