Homemade Peach Tea is a delicious and refreshing drink recipe that is perfect for summer!
I love how well balanced this drink is! The black tea and peaches are both balanced, and there is just enough sweetness without being overly sweet.
This Peach Ice Tea uses a peach syrup as the base to bring the fruit flavor and a touch of sweetness.
Do the peaches need to be peeled?
No! But if you make the syrup with the skins on the fruit, it will change the color.
The first batch of syrup I made was very pink due to the very red peach skins.
The color is not too noticeable since it is added to a brown tea, but will give a subtle hue of either the pink or peach color based on what color the syrup is.
I have a quick way for how to peel peaches if you want the peach color!
Can I use frozen peaches?
Absolutely. Frozen fruit and vegetables are typically frozen very soon after picking, meaning they have locked in freshness.
Since the peaches are primarily being used for their flavor and not their texture, a frozen peach will not make a difference for the recipe.
What type of tea do I use?
Classically, you would use a black tea for this recipe.
The deep notes of black tea balance very well with the peaches.
But you can also use green tea or even white tea instead! The teas will be a much lighter flavor.
How do I make a Sweet Peach Tea?
Want to make the tea extra sweet like a sweet tea?
Double up the sugar when you are making the syrup and it will bring that punch of extra sweetness!
How do you make peach tea?
Making this tea is incredibly easy.
First make the syrup by combining some water, sugar, and the peaches in a pot. Boil until the sugar is dissolved and let the peaches steep in it.
Then make the tea by boiling additional water with the tea bags. Add the peach syrup to the brewed tea and you are done!
Chill until ready to serve and pour over ice.
Recipes highlighting delicious peaches!
- 2 cups peaches frozen or fresh, pitted, cut into large chunks (approx 3 peaches) (peeling is optional, see note)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups water
- black tea bags or green tea if preferred
- Once your peaches are prepared, place the peaches, cup of water, and cup of sugar in a medium pot. Heat over medium high heat until boiling.
- Let the mixture boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the peaches sit in the syrup for 1.5-2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the tea. Boil 6 cups of water in a large pot with the three tea bags. Once boiling, turn off the heat. Let the tea bags steep in the water for 5 minutes or until desired darkness.
- Add the peach syrup to the tea. You can either strain the peaches in the syrup out or leave them in. Chill until ready to serve over ice.
1 thought on “Peach Tea”
Delicious, very refreshing 🙂