These Buffalo Chicken Crescent Rolls are a fun, fast, and easy appetizer or snack. Perfect for game day and football season!
I just love capitalizing on buffalo wing flavored recipes for game day! There are so many fun ways to use the flavors outside of traditional wings.
Any of your favorite buffalo wing sauces will work, and go as hot as you want!
Tip for Quickly Shredding Chicken
Shredding meat by hand with forks can take such a long time, plus lots of hand cramps.
My ultimate trick for making this process faster and easier? A stand mixer! (Or hand mixer).
Simply put all of the chicken in the bowl and use the mixer, with the paddle attachment, on medium low speed. It will very quickly shred up all the chicken!
Literally ready in just seconds. And completely worth needing to clean one more thing to me.
Any leftover chicken with a somewhat neutral flavor will be great for this recipe.
Rotisserie chicken is a perfect option as well!
If you need to make chicken for these crescent rolls, simply bake a chicken breast until cooked through with salt and pepper.
With all the flavors added to the chicken later, there is no need to heavily season it while baking.
Ranch vs Blue Cheese
These Buffalo Chicken Crescent Rolls use ranch seasoning mix to bring a ranch flavor straight into the rolls.
If preferred, you can swap out the ranch mix for blue cheese crumbles instead.
Whatever your favorite flavor combination is for wings!
Rolling the Crescent Rolls
Rolling up the crescent rolls is a little trickier than normal.
Because they are filled with a filling made of many little pieces, it is easy for it to all fall out when flipping the dough over.
The best way to keep the filling inside is to pick up the dough triangle in your dominant hand, and then fold the long pointed end up and around the filling.
Or just roll away, and stuff whatever falls out back into the ends. 🙂
Game Day Recipes
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 8 crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the shredded cooked chicken, wing sauce, and ranch seasoning in a medium bowl. Mix to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the pieces. Lay a dough triangle on a flat surface.
- Add approximately 1 Tablespoon of the cheese at the top, wide edge of the triangle. Scoop 2 Tablespoons of the chicken mixture on top.
- Gently roll the crescent roll up. (It is best to hold up the wide, chicken end and wrap the dough around it, without flipping it over, to prevent filing from falling out). Place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle the tops of the rolls with another Tablespoon of cheese each and a light dusting of more ranch seasoning mix.
- Bake the rolls until they are a light golden brown, approximately 15 minutes. Serve warm with dipping sauces like ranch or blue cheese if desired.