Bring some spooky fun to your Halloween party with these Halloween Jello Cauldrons! These witches cauldrons are full of fingers, eyes, bones, and brains.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This witch cauldron dessert full of scary body parts is a great Halloween dessert recipe for your party!
I made these as a treat for my niece and nephews for Halloween after a night of Trick or Treating and they were a huge hit!
These are the ingredients you need to make this Halloween Jello:
- Lime Jello
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Unflavored Gelatin
- Gummy Body Parts
This is the equipment you need to make these Halloween desserts:
- Small Pot
- Measuring Cups
- Can Opener
- Small Bowls (2)
- Cauldrons for Serving
First boil some water with the unflavored gelatin.
Then add the sweetened condensed milk to it.
Pour it into your cauldrons, about half way, and chill until firm, at least 2 hours.
They boil more water and dissolve the lime gelatin in it.
Pour the green into each cauldron on top of the white layer.
Chill again, at least another 2 hours, until ready to serve.
For serving, add your gummy body parts into each cauldron and add some sprinkles if you want!
Modifications and Substitutions
Use any flavor Jello that you like. Green is perfect for a witch cauldron, but orange and purple are also great ideas!
You can also put a body part or two on top of the white layer before adding the green to give it the effect of fingers floating inside the liquid.
The sprinkles and gummy body parts will bleed if left too long in the Jello from the moisture. I recommend only adding them when you are ready to serve them up.
I found these cauldrons at my local dollar store close to the holiday season. You can use any size cauldron, it will just change your quantity of separate servings.
The white layer is important so that you can tell they are green. Without it, it just looks black and is hard to see the color.
It will depend on how large the cauldrons you use are. I got these 4 large cauldrons out of one batch.
Smaller, cupcake size silicone cauldrons would give you close to 8 total.
- Mini Cauldrons Plastic or Silicone
- 3 ounces Lime Jello
- 7 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk (1/2 can)
- 2 envelopes Unflavored Gelatin (.5 ounces, 5 teaspoons)
- 4 cups Water
- Gummy Body Parts
- Bone Sprinkles or other sprinkles as desired
- Add 2 cups of water to a small sauce pot and sprinkle the plain gelatin over the water. Let sit to soak for a couple minutes.2 envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- Put the pot over low heat and stir constantly until gelatin is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir to combine.7 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Remove from heat and add the white gelatin mixture into the bottom of each cauldron, approximately half way up.
- Refrigerate until set, at least two hours.
- Bring one cup of water in the small pot to a boil.
- Add to the lime gelatin in a small bowl. Stir until dissolved.3 ounces Lime Jello
- Add one cup of cold water to the lime mixture and stir.
- Let cool slightly until not hot, but not set. Approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the green mixture on top of the white mixture in each cauldron.
- Chill again until fully set, at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, decorate with the gummy body parts and sprinkles as desired.Gummy Body Parts
More Halloween Recipes
Celebrate Halloween with these fun holiday recipes!
Jack Skellington Chocolate Covered Oreos
Jack Skellington Chocolate Covered Oreos candy coated cookies decorated like your favorite Nightmare Before Christmas lead!
Halloween Pizza Potato Skins
Gluten free and vegetarian Halloween themed potato skins! Perfect finger food, snack, or meal for a Halloween party.
Poison Apple Halloween Cocktail
A twist on an apple daiquiri, this apple cocktail is flavored with cinnamon poison for a fun color changing effect.
Purple People Eater Halloween Popcorn Balls
This fun Purple People Eater Halloween Popcorn Balls recipe is a great monster to bring to your holiday table!