This easy Sausage Dip is going to be a huge hit with your friends and family! Just 5 simple ingredients bring this cheesy meat dip to life.
Table of Contents
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This dip is so incredibly fast and easy to make, and everyone loves it!
It only requires 5 ingredients and is cooked in one large skillet.
The sausage dip is also gluten free and keto low carb which makes it easy for everyone to eat and love.
Serve it up at a party, event, or a home tailgate game day. And keep it warm in a slow cooker for easy dipping.
These are the sausage dip ingredients:
- Ground Italian Sausage (heat level of choice)
- Diced Tomatoes
- Diced Green Chiles (heat level of choice)
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Dunkers as desired (tortilla chips, carrots, celery, etc)
What you need to make the meat dip:
- Large Skillet
How to make sausage dip:
First cook and brown the sausage in a large skillet.
Then add the rest of the ingredients.
Continue stirring occasionally, and the cheeses will keep melting.
Once everything is melted, season to taste if desired.
Serve warm with dunkers like chips and vegetables.
Modifications and Substitutions
Want it spicy? Use a spicier hot sausage, spicier green chiles (or more of them), or even add hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
You can use a can of tomato and green chile Rotel in place of the separate tomatoes and green chile ingredients.
At first, the dip looks a little thin and runny because it is so hot. As it sits, it will thicken up.
Keep it warm for serving such as at a tailgate party by storing in a small slow cooker (crock pot) on the warm setting.
Want is super extra meaty? Use 1.5-2 pounds of meat.
Want to stretch the meat out? Use half a pound of meat, or one pound of meat and double up all the other ingredients for a big batch.
The sausage dip ingredients are ground Italian sausage, diced tomatoes, diced green chiles, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
It will thicken up as it sits, even when warm. But if you still want to make it thicker, the easiest way is to add more cheddar cheese.
You can also cook it longer to evaporate some of the liquid.
You can keep sausage dip in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yes. Sausage dip can be frozen up to three months.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the sausage until browned and cooked through.1 pound ground Italian sausage
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the cheeses are melted and everything is incorporated.14 ounces diced tomatoes, 4 ounces diced green chiles, 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Serve warm with dunkers like tortilla chips, carrots, and celery.