Tuscan Cheese Dip is a fast and easy appetizer, filled with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and lots of cheese!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
I am a big foodie (of course, hence the blog) and Italian foods are probably my all-time favorite category. This cheese dip appetizer recipe is made of three cheeses and a great appetizer for any event or party.
This Tuscan Cheese Dip is ready in literally MINUTES and SO GOOD that you better make more than you think you need, because people just love it!
I make cheese dips a LOT for friends and family. They are SO good that if I don’t make one, there is a mutiny. People literally barter for me to make one.
This dip is perfect for Italian dinners and game day. The flavors of this cheese treasure are based on the incredibly popular Olive Garden Copycat Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo dish on this site. It is consistently in the top few recipes every day and for good reason!
These flavors go SO well together, so of course they needed to be a cheese dip.
These are the ingredients needed for the cheese dip:
- Cream Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Garlic Powder
My favorite sun-dried tomatoes to use are packed in an oil. Cut in thin strips, they just need a quick chop. Use as much or little of the sundried tomatoes and spinach as you prefer!
To make the dip, just combine most of the ingredients into any oven safe baking dish.
Cook until they are melted, and then add the extra mozzarella cheese on top.
Finish it off in the oven and serve once the top layer of cheese is starting to brown.
Modifications and Substitutions
The frozen spinach can be swapped for 1 cup of fresh spinach.
Spinach can also be swapped for kale.
This would work great in a crock pot! Just add everything and let it heat through!
The frozen spinach is deceivingly small looking when packed and frozen, so add gradually. No need to defrost and drain the spinach, the oven will do this for you rather quickly and save you time!
There are three cheeses in this recipe: cream cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
My favorite thing to serve with this dip is crostini. You can also serve chips and vegetables like bell peppers and celery.
This keeps in the refrigerator for up to 5 days (if it is not eaten before that!).
- Baking dish
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped frozen spinach
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all of the cheese dip ingredients in an oven safe dish for serving except for 1/2 cup of the mozzarella (you will use it to top the dip later). You do not need to mix them up yet nor thaw the spinach.8 ounces cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 cup chopped frozen spinach
- Bake the cheese dip until the cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Once melted, add the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese across the top. Continue baking until the top layer of cheese is melted and starting to brown. Want more browning? Pop it under a broiler instead of baking.
- Serve immediately with dunkers like chips or crostini.
5 thoughts on “Tuscan Cheese Dip”
Love this dip. I served it last Sunday and my family can’t wait for me to make again.
We couldnt get enough of how good this dip was! This was perfect for football sundays for the guys and they killed it!
Made this last weekend for the ball game and everyone loved it. So simple to make and I had all of the ingredients on hand.
This is a winning recipe – perfect for any occasion snacking.
There are few things I like more than sundried tomatoes, so this cheese dip had my name written all over it! We served it last night with some crostini and potato sticks and honestly, it was one of the best dips I’ve ever tasted. Thanks a lot for the recipe!