This Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is incredibly easy to make for a fun and different appetizer! Use this recipe for any party, gathering, or game day.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
If you love a burger, you are going to love this Bacon Cheeseburger Dip!
Using the same great flavors, this dip is familiar yet unique at the same time.
The creamy sauce tastes just like a special sauce you would have topped on your burger.
Easy and fast to make with common ingredients.
I love to make this for a football or Super Bowl watch party!
These are the ingredients you need for this dip recipe:
- Ground Beef
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Yellow Mustard
- Garlic Powder
- Yellow Onion
- Lettuce for Serving
- Tomatoes for Serving
This is the equipment you need for the recipe:
First cook the bacon about half way.
Add the onions and beef and cook until all cooked through.
Drain off most but not all of the fat.
Add the remaining ingredients to melt and combine.
Serve with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, or other ingredients on top as desired.
Modifications and Substitutions
Easily skip bacon if desired.
Make it extra creamy by adding more sour cream.
You can use relish in place of pickles. Since it is chopped smaller, you do not need as much. Start with 2 Tablespoons and add more if desired.
Keep the dip warm and creamy by serving in a small slow cooker!
Yes! You will still want to cook the bacon, onions, and beef in advance. But the rest of the dip can be melted in a slow cooker and served on the warm setting.
If you think your dip is too thick, you can add additional sour cream.
Tortilla chips are perfect for dunking.
You can also serve it with crackers or even crostini to replicate a toasted bun.
- ½ pound bacon
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion diced, approximately 1 small
- ⅓ cup pickles chopped (about 2 spears)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce for serving
- tomatoes for serving
- Heat your skillet over medium heat.
- Chop the bacon and add to the hot skillet.½ pound bacon
- Cook until it is starting to turn a light brown on the edges.
- At this point, add the chopped onion and ground beef.½ pound ground beef, 1 cup yellow onion
- Cook until the bacon and beef are cooked through, about 5 more minutes.
- Drain all but 1-2 Tablespoons of the fat from the skillet. Return the skillet to the stove.
- Add the pickles. ketchup, mustard, garlic powder, sour cream, and cream cheese to the skillet.⅓ cup pickles, 1 ½ teaspoons ketchup, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ cup sour cream, 8 ounces cream cheese
- Continue cooking until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add the cheddar cheese, stir, and cook until melted.If you want the dip thinner, add more sour cream.1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove from the heat and pour into a serving bowl. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles if desired. Serve with dunkers like chips.shredded lettuce, tomatoes
- Make the dip thinner by adding more sour cream
- Keep it warm by serving inside a small slow cooker
- Reheat as needed if served in a bowl