A quick and easy BBQ Pork Tenderloin makes a perfect summer dinner idea! Simple ingredients on a lean meat with lots of flavor.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This BBQ Pork Tenderloin is a delicious lean meat recipe that is perfect for summer!
Grilled or baked in the oven, full of barbecue flavors for a fast and easy dinner idea.
These are the ingredients you need to make this BBQ Pork Tenderloin:
- Pork Tenderloins
- BBQ Rub
- Vegetable Oil
- BBQ Sauce (optional)
BBQ Rub – I love my classic BBQ rub recipe, which is perfect for this recipe. You can use any rub that you prefer.
BBQ Sauce – Our simple and classic homemade BBQ sauce is perfect for this recipe, but you can use any sauce you like.
This is the equipment you need to make the recipe:
- Basting Brush
- Grill or Oven, or stove with grill pan
Preheat your grill.
Brush the oil over all sides of the pork.
Add the dry rub and rub into all sides of pork.
Sear the pork on high heat for 90 seconds.
Flip and sear the second side for another 90 seconds.
Reduce heat to low (or move to a low-heat area) and continue cooking the pork until it reaches 145F internally, about 15 minutes.
Remove from the grill and let rest 5-10 minutes.
Slice and serve warm.
Modifications and Substitutions
This BBQ pork can easily be made in the oven as well. See full instructions in the recipe card below.
Using a grill pan on a stove also works well!
BBQ sauce is not necessary but great for the sauce lovers!
This recipe can be stretched to 8 servings depending on how much you want to serve each person.
Grilling the pork will give you extra flavor from the color it produces on the heat.
After searing on a direct, hot heat, it is best to finish cooking over a low, indirect heat.
Cooking over a low heat will help keep the meat moist.
The initial sear is recommended because the color on the meat created will give you extra flavor.
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup BBQ rub
- ⅓ cup BBQ Sauce more or less to taste
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Brush the oil over all sides of both tenderloins.2 pork tenderloins, 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Rub the dry rub into each tenderloin, covering all sides.¼ cup BBQ rub
- Place the pork on the grill and cook for 90 seconds.
- Flip the pork and sear another 90 seconds.
- If desired, baste the pork with the BBQ sauce at this time.⅓ cup BBQ Sauce
- Reduce the heat to low (or move to a low-heat side of the grill) and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 145°F, or to your desired doneness. (Approximately 15 minutes).
- Remove the pork from the grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the pork and serve.
- If making in the oven, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brush the oil on the pork, followed by the rub as outlined above.
- Bake on a baking sheet or in a dish until internal temperature reaches 145°F, approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Baste the pork the final 15 minutes with the BBQ sauce if desired.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes and serve warm.
More BBQ and Grilling Main Courses
BBQ and Grilling Main Courses
Main course ideas to go along with your favorite BBQ and grilling sides!
Grilled Chicken Legs with Cajun Dry Rub
Delicious chicken drumsticks covered in a Cajun seasoning.
Sesame Soy Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs
A slightly sweet and sticky sesame glazed chicken thigh that everyone will love!
Grilled Swordfish Steaks with Tomato Olive Relish
Grilled swordfish is topped with a tomato and olive warm relish that you will love! Also works with any white fish.
Fresh and Light Grilled Greek Chicken Skewers
Fresh and bright Mediterranean flavors cover these chicken and vegetable kebabs.
Three Pepper Dry Rub for Chicken Drumsticks (Grilled)
Three Pepper Dry Rub is a delicious mixture of spices for a versatile grilled chicken dish.