This Buffalo Chicken Pizza is meant for game day or pizza night! A homemade pizza recipe featuring the flavors you love of buffalo chicken.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Homemade Buffalo Chicken Pizza uses all the flavors you love from buffalo wings and puts them on a homemade pizza!
A creamy Buffalo sauce topped with cheeses and chicken.
Whip one up for game day or as an appetizer, lunch, or for pizza night!
These are the ingredients you need for Buffalo Chicken Pizza:
- Ranch Pizza Crust
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Red Onion
- Blue Cheese (optional)
- Green Onion (optional)
Ranch Pizza Crust – I love flavoring my pizza crusts, and my Ranch Pizza Crust is perfect for this recipe. It is a great way of getting more flavor into the pizza.
The equipment you need for this homemade pizza recipe is:
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rolling Pin (for dough)
- Pizza Stone (or large baking sheet)
- Pizza Peel (or thin and flexible cutting board)
Modifications and Substitutions
I love my Homemade Ranch Pizza Crust for its texture and extra ranch flavor! You could also use our quick 30 Minute Pizza Crust which is still delicious but does not have quite the same texture. Or use any store bought pizza crust or dough.
Rotisserie chicken is perfect here but you can use any leftover chicken with neutral flavors.
Add an extra Tablespoon of wing sauce to the cream cheese if you want it to have more of a kick!
If you do not have a pizza stone, use a large baking sheet instead. Make sure it is in the oven for preheating so it is hot! (If you flip it upside down, you do not have to worry about the edges! Just make sure the shape you make still fits on the baking sheet).
If you do not have a pizza peel, you can also use a thin and flexible cutting board. Or pull the pizza stone/baking sheet in and out of the oven when adding or removing the pizza.
Make sure you preheat that pizza stone or pizza peel to get a great crust!
If you are using a raw dough, par-baking it (baking just a few minutes until not raw) helps make sure the dough has cooked through and does not stay raw in the middle. It also makes it easier to handle.
The ingredients you need are a pizza crust, wing sauce, chicken, mozzarella cheese, red onion, blue cheese, cream cheese.
Blue cheese is a great pairing, if you like it.
Creamy cheeses with a light flavor such as mozzarella is also a great choice.
It tastes like buffalo wings on a pizza crust dough with creamy cheeses.
It is a great balance of a little heat with creamy flavors, being savory and slightly salty.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Pizza Stone or baking sheet
- Pizza Peel or flexible cutting board
- 1 ranch pizza crust (12") (or crust of choice)
- olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons ranch dressing
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup rotisserie chicken or cooked/leftover chicken, diced or shredded
- 3 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 450°F with your pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven.
- Take your pizza crust (par-baked, see note) and brush some olive oil along the crust edge. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and/or ranch seasoning as desired.1 ranch pizza crust, olive oil
- Make the white sauce by combining the cream cheese, ranch dressing, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Spread across the pizza as the sauce.4 ounces cream cheese, 3 Tablespoons ranch dressing, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses on top of the pizza.1 cup shredded mozzarella, ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Add the chicken, bacon, and red onion across the top of the pizza.¾ cup rotisserie chicken, 3 slices bacon, 1/4 cup red onion
- Place the pizza on your baking sheet or pizza stone and cook until the cheese is melted, approximately 10-12 minutes.(You can use a pizza peel or flexible thin cutting board to do this if needed)
- Remove from the oven and garnish as desired with green onions, fresh parsley, and/or ranch dressing drizzle. Serve immediately with more ranch dressing for dunking.