This Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip comes together in just minutes for a classic appetizer dip recipe! Packed with cheeses and vegetables in a warm dip.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
I have made many spinach artichoke dip recipes inspired by the popular dip. And now I am also sharing my popular dip with you!
This dip comes together in just minutes and is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Inspired by Alton Brown’s Spinach Artichoke Dip with some adjustments for ease and flavor.
It can be made in the oven, microwave, or slow cooker and is perfect for any party or hosting like game day or a holiday.
Serve it up with our homemade pita chips for something special and easy!
These are the ingredients you need for homemade spinach artichoke dip:
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Artichoke Hearts
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
Spinach – I love using frozen spinach for how easy it is. You can also use fresh, just double up the amount that is listed since it takes up more space when measuring.
Artichoke Hearts – I love to use the jarred artichoke hearts. You can also use frozen, just let them thaw and drain off excess moisture first.
This is the equipment you need to make this recipe:
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Small Baking Dish
- Medium Bowl
Combine all of your ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Spread the mixture into a dish and bake until warm and bubbling.
Serve with your favorite dunkers!
That is it – so simple!
Modifications and Substitutions
Make this in the microwave by heating and mixing until warm and ready to serve.
Make this in the slow cooker by adding all ingredients and heating on low until melted and ready. Then keep on warm for serving.
Want it extra thick and stringy? Add shredded monterey jack cheese or mozzarella.
If you are leaving the dip out for snacking, it is best to serve it in a slow cooker on warm so it stays warm and creamy.
I love to use my homemade pita chips!
Other great options include tortilla chips and vegetables like peppers, celery, and carrots.
Homemade pita chips or tortilla chips.
This dip lasts up to five days.
Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup frozen spinach (or 2 cups fresh)
- ½ cup artichoke hearts chopped (approximately 6 heart quarters)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sour cream or Plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese fresh is best
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- homemade pita chips or other dunkers of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Spread the dip into your baking dish.
- Bake until the dip is warmed through and bubbling on the edges, approximately 15 minutes.
- If you want some browning on top, once cooked, change the oven to Broil and let it brown slightly.
- Serve warm with homemade pita chips, crackers, tortilla chips, and/or vegetables.
- To make in a slow cooker, simply add all ingredients into a smaller slow cooker and heat over low until everything is warm and incorporated. Then switch the heat to warm for serving.
- Quickly make the dip by microwaving all ingredients in a medium bowl for 1 minute. Stir and reheat additional 30 seconds and repeat until warm and ready to serve.