Make your own Homemade Baked Pita Chips in just minutes with just a few ingredients! These homemade chips are perfect for your favorite dips, as a snack, or with Greek and Mediterranean food.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This Homemade Baked Pita Chips Recipe is incredibly easy and fast to make.
They make a great dunker for your favorite party dips to serve up for a holiday or game day.
And since they are not deep fried, they are a great healthier alternative for a crunchy snack.
You can also see our Air Fryer Pita Chips recipe if you want to air fry them instead of bake them!
Either way, these crispy chips will be a huge hit!
These are the ingredients you need for homemade pita chips:
- Pita Bread
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
This is the equipment you need:
- Cutting Board
- Basting Brush
- Air Fryer
Preheat your oven.
Brush some oil onto one side of each pita bread.
Sprinkle your seasonings onto the pita.
Cut the bread in half, half again, and half again so you have eight wedges like a pizza.
Then cut each wedge in half through the middle to make smaller chips.
Place the chips in an even layer on a baking sheet.
Bake for approximately 5 minutes until turning a very light golden brown.
Flip each chip over and cook another 2-3 minutes more.
Remove from the oven and let the pita chips cool. They will harden more when cooling.
The chips can be stored in an air tight container up to one week.
Modifications and Substitutions
You can leave the pita wedges in 8 larger triangles if you want larger chips. I like to cut them into the 16 smaller triangles for parties and entertaining since the size is best suited for dips.
The chips will still feel a little soft when you take them out of the oven, but they will harden up as they cool.
They are a better alternative to fried chips.
They tend to be a better option as they typically have less fat than tortilla chips.
Pita chips are made from pita bread.
Pita bread is soft and used for various recipes and dishes.
- 2 pita breads
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat each pita bread on the top with the oil.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and salt across the bread.
- Cut the bread in half, then half again, and halves again like a pizza to get 8 triangles. (Or cut once more to get 16 smaller pieces per pita).
- Lay the triangles in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the chips are turning a very light golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Flip the chips over and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Let cool before serving. Can be stored in an air tight container up to one week.