Kick your summer BBQ up a notch with a fun side dish like this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad! A classic side dish with unique flavors and a healthier twist.
I love my Mexican Street Corn Salsa and it is one of the most popular recipes on this site – ever! I have been incorporating it into different unique recipes and this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is a fun twist on these delicious flavors. This pasta salad is a great side dish for a summer BBQ or grilling party.
This post contains affiliate links.
I am in LOVE with the bowl that this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is in. I went on a trip to Europe with my mom and two sisters, and this was a piece of ceramics that I got in Barcelona. There is a beautiful design on the bottom of the inside of the bowl, which unfortunately you can not see when you use it. I never understood why so much of a design tends to always be where it is covered? But nonetheless, I love this piece and use it as much as I can.
Mexican Street Corn, also called Elote, is AMAZING. A corn cob is roasted and slathered in mayonnaise, chili powder, lime, cilantro, and cotija cheese. It is a special, special thing. One of my favorite party appetizers to make is a Mexican Street Corn Salsa which is always a huge hit. The flavors are so amazing and simple that they deserve to have a mini line of Mexican Street Corn inspired recipes which you can find here!
I made this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad with a healthy spin by using plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream or mayonnaise. I am NOT a yogurt person, but in recipes like this you cannot tell! You still get the same creamy effect but the seasonings and flavors you mix in cover up any yogurt flavor. It is a great way to put a healthier spin on a pasta salad.
Whip up this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad in just a few minutes for your next grilling party!
Mexican Street Corn Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese crumbled (approximately 2 ounces)
- 1 jalapeno seeded, finely chopped (or more)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 lime
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound dried pasta shape of choice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta as per package directions until al dente. Drain and cool in a container in the refrigerator.
- Make the corn salsa by combining all of the Mexican Street Corn Salsa ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, Greek yogurt, corn salsa, lime, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Season to taste with additional chili powder, salt, and lime. Add more corn if desired. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with additional cotija, chili powder, cilantro, or corn as desired.