These Sausage Beer Cheese Nachos are the perfect appetizer for game day and a party! Crunchy tortilla chips layered with a smooth and creamy cheese sauce, smoked sausage, and all the toppings.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
I love a nacho with a soft, melty sauce.
These Sausage Beer Cheese Nachos are made with my super popular Beer Cheese Dip as the star with some smoked sausage and lots of your favorite toppings.
These are the ingredients you need for beer cheese nachos:
- Smoked Sausage
- Beer Cheese Dip Sauce – My Beer Cheese Dip is crazy popular and perfect for this recipe!
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Toppings of Choice – I love to use guacamole, sour cream, salsa, jalapenos, and fresh cilantro!
The equipment you need to make baked nachos is:
- Baking Sheet
Preheat your oven.
Spread your chips our over a baking sheet in an even layer.
Sprinkle half of the shredded cheddar cheese over the chips.
Bake in the oven for just 2-3 minutes until barely melted.
Remove from the oven.
Spread the beer cheese sauce over the chips.
Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the cheese sauce.
Add the sliced sausage coins across the nachos.
Bake in the oven until the shredded cheese is melted, sausage is warm, and the chips are starting to toast, about 5-7 minutes more.
Top with your favorite toppings and serve immediately.
Modifications and Substitutions
You can use other meats or skip the meat altogether!
You can swap out the sausage for chicken, pulled pork, or even skip the meat completely!
The beer cheese is much easier to spread out evenly if it is not too cold.
Besides using the beer cheese sauce, a shredded cheddar or colby jack is best here to bring some stringy cheese factor with a sharp flavor.
Beer cheese is a great balance between a cheddar cheese flavor and a hint of beer.
Both! Using cheese on both the top and bottom of other toppings makes sure there is cheese everywhere and also helps protect the chips from getting too soggy too fast from other toppings.
Yes, it is made with beer, however it cooks off in the cooking process to practically no alcohol.
Because the primary flavors and ingredients are beer and cheese!
I find the best way to make nachos (from bottom to top) is chips, cheese, toppings/sauces, more cheese, and then post-baking toppings that you want to keep cold.
Cook them very briefly, just until everything is warm or melted. If you see chips starting to brown, get them out of the oven!
Sausage Beer Cheese Nachos
- Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Spread your tortilla chips across the baking sheet in an even layer.12 ounces tortilla chips
- Sprinkle approximately half of the shredded cheese over the chops.3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake the chips until the cheese is just melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chips from the oven and spread the beer cheese dip across the chips.2 cups beer cheese dip
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the beer cheese sauce.3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut the sausage into coins. Add the sausage to the nachos.8 ounces smoked sausage
- Bake until the shredded cheese is melted, sausage is warmed, and chips are starting to toast, about 5-7 minuites more.
- Remove chips from the oven and top with desired toppings such as guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and jalapenos.sour cream, guacamole, salsa, pickled jalapenos, other toppings as desired
- Serve immediately.